Friday, January 30, 2009

I'll take "Things I Could Have Done While Waiting for the Bus" for a $1000, Alex.

Yeah, I know I bitched/blogged (bitchogged? Can that be a new word) about this already, but it is a serious problem. Plus I just thought up the clever title and wanted to use it somewhere, and if I use it to someone's face (as I desperately want to), I'll get in trouble.

Never fails -- huge group of people waiting for the bus, some clown has to push his or her way to the front of the line, get on the bus first.....and THEN start digging through their pockets for their fare. Bonus points if they also have a stroller or a big-ass grocery cart so no one behind them in line can just "fare through" and go past them.

Here's another simple thing you can do while waiting for the bus --- get your fucking shit together. Don't wait until I'm already stopped there with the doors open to start collecting your 6 million plastic grocery bags (which, by the way, you should be using reusable fabric bags because they hold more, they are easier to carry and they are better for the environment, you over-indulgent sloth), or to gather up your backpack, guitar case, artwork or whatever other tools of teenage angst you may be carrying around with you.

No comments: